Pavement ants, also known as house ants or sugar ants, can be quite a nuisance. They set up camp in your yard or inside the cracks in your pavement and eventually work their way into your home. The best thing to do when you find pavement ants is to rid yourself of the infestation as soon as possible.
But how can you do that? You are no exterminator and you don’t want to have to run to the hardware store to buy ant spray, right? Well, you can use one household item to help assist you in your quest for an ant free existence – salt.
That’s right, all you need is everyday salt. This article from eHow.com explains several solutions to rid yourself of those pesky pavement ants using nothing but common table salt.
1. Sprinkle ordinary table salt on cracks in the driveway, along the sides and where the ants are present. Make sure the driveway and surrounding areas are dry before applying salt for the best effectiveness.
2. Repeat weekly until the ants are gone. After consuming the salt, the ants will drink water or other moisture until they essentially explode. Be aware that the salt will also kill any weeds or plants present, so use caution.
3. Draw a line with salt at the end of the driveway on the pavement to prevent the ants from crossing over into the lawn or home.
4. If table salt is not effective, purchase a sweet ant bait trap that contains boric acid salt. (Boric acid is a hydroponic salt.) The ants are attracted to the sugar in the bait, consume the boric acid salt with the sugar, and then take the poison back to their home, where it spreads to the other ants.
5. Place the ant baits along the sides and ends of the driveway. Use caution when using ant baits because boric acid can be toxic to pets and humans as well as insects.
If you have any questions, contact PTG Enterprises by calling410-547-8777 or click here today!
Tags: Ant extermination, Ants in the cracks of pavement, asphalt, Asphalt driveway, Asphalt installation, Asphalt Maintenance, asphalt maryland, Asphalt repair, Asphault Institute, Baltimore, Cost, Cracking, driveway repair, environmental asphalt, Exterminating Ants, Exterminating ants by yourself, Exterminating Ants in the cracks of pavement, fill cracks, green asphalt, How to, How to easily kill ants, How to kill ants, How to Rid Yourself of Pavement Ants in Your Driveway, Killing ants, Killing Ants in the cracks of pavement, liquid asphalt, maryland, My Pavement Guy, Parking lot, pave, pavement, Pavement Maryland, pavement repair, paving, paving contract, paving contractor, paving contractors, paving maryland, paving project, paving repair, PTG Enterprises, Removing Ants in the cracks of pavement, repave, repaving, repaving project, request for proposal